Sunday, December 13, 2009

I know Olive Oil is really good acne and acne scars but how should i apply olive oil on my face?

Is it ok to just apply it like normal moisteriser, like a night cream? Also does anyone know how long it takes for olive oil to clear acne scars?


ThanksI know Olive Oil is really good acne and acne scars but how should i apply olive oil on my face?
Hi I would suggest that you apply it immidietly after bath when there is still some moisture left on your skin. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and moisturised . Thats what i do .I use extra virgin olive oil.I know Olive Oil is really good acne and acne scars but how should i apply olive oil on my face?
I would not suggest that you use olive oil directly on your skin. Find a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores) and made for sensitive skin like Lubriderm.





If you are concerned about acne scarring, check out Sephora or your local dermatologist for a vitamin c serum. I really love Skinceuticals vitamin c with ferulic acid. It's an expensive serum but when used with sunscreen it will lighten scars and prevent wrinkles from being formed from UV rays.





Also... Microdermabrasion and IPL laser treatments would also clear the hyperpigmentation left from acne. This is another expensive option but also effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher