Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does tea tree oil really help to reduce acne?

I heard essential oils such as Tea tree oil can help reduce acne prone skin from reoccuring. I know the australians consider this to be their miracle product, b/c it treats almost every skin problem you can think of, is this really true?Does tea tree oil really help to reduce acne?
I guess it depends on you, it may work for some people and make things worse for others.Does tea tree oil really help to reduce acne?
There are a few companies that specialize in Tea Tree Oil and they swear that it will treat just about anything.


It can be used to treat acne, but there are other essential oils that are used as well. Spike Lavender, Sweet Thyme, Roman Chamomile and Neroli. Palmarosa, Thuja, Thyme, Vetiver, Bergamot and Cistus. Please read about the attributes of each in relation to the skin and decide which is best for you and your situation.


Applying diluted essential oils to the skin after cleansing can help reduce bacteria and speed healing, aid in draining and eliminating toxins. Clay masks are very helpful as well. They can be used both to prevent and treat an outbreak.
well...it cures a lot of skin irritations like acne, but you should only apply very little on you face. what i suggest for acne is boiled aloe vera sap mixed with tea tree oil
Yes, and no. Tea Tree oil (melaleuca alternifolia) has antibacterial properties, and pimples are just small, very localized, infections.





Tea Tree oil won't make your skin less oily, or less prone to breaking out. But it *will* help with existing pimples, as well as keeping your face relatively ';germ-free.';





Never use Tea Tree oil full strength - it will burn. It's much more important to keep your hands off your face during the day, and to wash your face often.





You might want to look into booking an appointment for a facial. Ask specifically for a facial for acne prone skin.





Dorothy
i believe it works when i was younger i had horrible skin and was put on medication for it, started using tea tree oil and my skin cleared up so much, i then stoped taking the medication for my face but kept using the tea tree oil and have not had a problem with acne since, its also good to burn for colds, good for cuts, cold sores, infections and to use on the floor to kill germs
no, not for me anyway, i tried it and it made my skin worse.
made my skin worse, its like one of those natural remides, those never work unless you rreally dont have a problem
Have a look here.
Tea Tree Oil has anti-bacterial properties so yes it is true.
I think it does work. I've tried it, and although it smells funny, I got some results. I'm actually trying to find something that helps acne. Right now I started proactiv, but if that doesn't work I might go back to tea tree oil- I ran out of it one day and forgot it existed! I'm glad this question reminded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher